We have found a new way to enjoy mushrooms. We like how they taste, and we are sure you will too. Try something different the next time you go out to dinner at your favourite place. The lion’s mane mushroom has a lot of antioxidants and protein, which help our bodies deal with oxidative stress.
The lion’s mane mushroom, also called Hericium Erinaceus, is from Asia, but it has been found growing in Europe and parts of North America. Asian cultures have used this mushroom as traditional Chinese medicine since at least 600 AD. They thought it could treat gastric ulcers and other health problems. In recent years, more research has been done on the lion’s mane mushroom benefits. It has been found that it can be used to treat Alzheimer’s disease because it contains chemicals called Erinacines that help promote neuron growth through a process called neuromodulation.
Nutrients of Lion’s Mane Mushroom
Lion’s mane mushrooms taste great and are full of good things for you, making them a healthy choice.
Here is what a 100 g serving of lion’s mane looks like in terms of its nutrients:
- 35 calories
- 0 g fat 0 mg cholesterol
- 2 g fibre
- 2 g protein
- 2 g carbohydrates
- 300 mg potassium
- 10 mg sodium 2 mg calcium
Benefits of Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- One of the lion’s mane mushroom benefits is that it acts as a powerful antioxidant. It has chemicals in it called Hericenones and Eritadenine, both of which are strong antioxidants.
- Lion’s mane mushrooms are known to reduce inflammation in the body. This includes stiffness and joint pain caused by arthritis or autoimmune diseases like psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis.
- Lion’s mane has been shown to protect nerve cells from damage caused by oxidative stressors like heavy metals, free radicals, herbicides and pesticides. This means that it might help prevent cognitive decline as you age.
- Lion’s mane mushroom powder also helps the immune system by making the body make more white blood cells (lymphocytes), which fight off infection and illness.
Taste of Lion’s Mane Mushroom
Lion’s mane is a unique type of mushroom because it can be eaten raw and tastes good. The stem and cap are both edible, so the lion’s mane mushroom is the best for your immune system and tastes great. The lion’s mane mushroom tastes and smells a bit like dirt. It can be cooked with or used as a part of soups and sauces.
Because of how much it looks like a lion’s mane, the mushroom is also called the lion’s mane. It has a long, white stem that ends in a brown cap. The mushroom can be eaten both raw and cooked. The best time to eat lion’s mane mushrooms is when they are fresh because their taste changes quickly over time.
Where to Buy Lion’s Mane Mushroom
In Australia, you can buy dried mushrooms, powder, and tinctures made from lion’s mane mushrooms. Are you looking for where to buy lion’s mane powder? The online store is one of the great ways to get mushrooms at your doorstep.
The lion’s mane mushroom is a powerful medicine that grows on trees in the wild. It is rare and hard to find. They are becoming more and more popular because of their unique ability to make brain cells grow. Because of this, they can be used to improve memory and focus and stop the mental decline.
Hopefully, this piece of information is helpful for you. Now you are aware of the nutritional value and benefits of the lion’s mane mushroom. Moreover, with the help of this guide, you know where to buy lion’s mane mushrooms.